Friday, January 21, 2011

I am sorry to be inciting you to envy...

... but look who I met!!!!




Yes, that is who you think it is! It is Jen from Conversion Diary!!!

She had a layover here in town, and we got together for a blogger meet-up at the airport (there aren't many people I'd get up early for, but Jen is one of them). I think we chatted for over two hours over breakfast, but it seemed like ten minutes! She is every bit as wonderful as you'd think, not to mention that she is six feet tall and drop-dead gorgeous. (I am grateful that she allowed us to sit for the photo, ha ha!)

I could have talked to her for several more hours. It was like meeting an old friend, but for the first time.

I LOVE HER!!!

I was excited to learn that Jen is the cover story for the current Envoy Magazine. Listen up, people: You must read this story! I read the article after we parted, and I learned so much that I hadn't known about her journey from "cradle atheist" to devout Catholic. So compelling, and now I have a million more questions to ask her. I cannot wait for her book, which is in the final stages of editing.

The meeting came and went too quickly, but I'm thinking this won't be the last time we connect. :)

Life is good, oh yes it is!

(Can you tell that I had a good morning?)




19 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Sounds like a really fun morning. Isn't it great when you just click like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you relayed my message! Sanely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogger meet-ups!!! Jen is awesome, her blog is one of my favorites (along with yours of course)! ;) Glad you had a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just today I posted a link to Jen's blog on my FB telling everyone she is my favorite blog. Today she links to your blog so this morning I hurriedly put your blog in my Google Reader and am playing catch up now. LOVE finding another really good blog and glad you met up with Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jen's blog. It's one of my favorites! I'm envious. Now I have to go to confession LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I enjoy your blog and have read Jen's for about a year. I am a 'liberal' I guess, but also pro-life. In RCIA right now. Thanks for your willingness to dialogue with anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHH so much jealousy and envy in ONE WEEK for this girl! I better be going to confession with Suburban Mom!!!
    AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both look gorgeous! I'm so glad y'all got to meet up. I've had to bail on her twice now, and can't wait to get together. She's great, and you're right-- her story is amazing! You should listen to the podcast. I think she had it up on her site a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I hope to get to meet her someday myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous! I'm glad you had a good time. That's a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so cool! I'm so thankful for the bloggy friends that I've made since I started my blog. There is one friend who lives in Australia, a mommy friend who has been a huge support to me, whom I would love to meet someday, if I ever make it back there. So glad you were able to meet Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, it's so great to have all the new folks here! I hope you will stay and get to know us all! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a little jealous, but so happy for you and for this meeting! It is clear that there is a greater purpose as you are both such gifted bloggers. God is just so great at this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How Awesome! Now if I could only meet both of you!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE, when commenting, do not hit "reply" (which is the thread option). Instead, please put your comment at the bottom of the others.

To ensure that you don't miss any comments, click the "subscribe by email" link, above. If you do not subscribe and a post exceeds 200 comments, you must hit "load more" to get to the rest.