Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Now here's something you don't see every day...*UPDATED*



Hmmmmm, so a day in the life around here. My eighteen-year-old daughter approaches me with a simple "Um.... Mom?" holding the following in her hand:



Yes, that is a ballpoint pen stuck in the decapitated neck of a holy statue of St. Jude. A tad shocking, no? Not the normal way we expect to see our sacred images. :)


Just another day with several young boys in the house.


I can't be sure who did it, and I am sure it was an accident, because aside from the toddler, they actually do understand that they are not to deface religious items, even cheap resin ones! I promise, one of them will be a priest someday. That's mandatory now, just to make up for the sacrilege!


I know that many of you bloggers are dreaming of the day when you will have dirty houses, toys strewn about, messy diapers and spills, and I know that day will come for all of you. (I know it because I am offering up my dirty house, broken toys, poopy diapers and spills for you). But for those still waiting, go forth now and behold your statues, icons and holy objects with the (temporary) joy and peace of knowing that they are intact.


Oh, and I found the head.







*Update: Just found out that St. Jude was a glow-in-the-dark. Walked into my boys' room to turn off a light and was stunned to see a glowing, headless figure in the dark, its detached head glowing at its feet. Seems a fitting end to the saga!




22 comments:

  1. Mom! this post made me laugh so hard. this was so horrifying to find. this house scars me! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!

    Btw, thanks for offering up your messes for me and the other IF girls!!! We must get a lot of prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's crazy! Thanks for offering your messes up for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I love the bloggy world, it's always got one good reason to abstain on fertile days waiting for me when I get home! (you'd think dealing with 250 kids every day would be enough, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! What a scary thing to find! He'll be good after some super glue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! What can you do, right? Boys will be boys! At least they made something useful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed that good laugh. I remember when I was a little one knocking over a few of my mother's religious statues..yikes! Like ANn said...a little super glue goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahaha!! OK, I'm so sorry, St Jude, but I find this hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is hilarious :)

    I know it was probably not funny at the moment, but I will have to go around and cherish all of my religious statues before there are little hands wanting to give them a makeover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're giving me NO hope here Leila!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoops! I'm one of 5...I'm sure my parents had their fair share of these types of incidents as well! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahahahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's hilarious! What are you going to do with the headless St. Jude? hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like St. Jude needs a St. Jude since he is hopelessly headless. HA!
    Now I'm holding you to your word on the "priest promise"....D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol, this is hysterical. Reminds me of all the crazy err "Catholic" things my nieces and nephews have done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha! This is too funny. Poor St.Jude. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Oh, and I found the head." HAHA!

    I'm SO getting a glass cabinet for my statuary someday...a very tall glass cabinet...

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE, when commenting, do not hit "reply" (which is the thread option). Instead, please put your comment at the bottom of the others.

To ensure that you don't miss any comments, click the "subscribe by email" link, above. If you do not subscribe and a post exceeds 200 comments, you must hit "load more" to get to the rest.