Friday, August 19, 2011

7 Things This Blog is Not



Had a little bloggy trouble lately, plus I'm still occupied in the combox over here (which has spilled over into a second page), but at least I'm getting to my Quick Takes, and they have a theme this week!



7 Things This Blog is Not


1. This blog is not sophisticated. But you already knew that.

2. This is not a "feel-good" blog. In fact, it might make you feel very bad! (Nothing against feel-good blogs, by the way! It's just not my gift.)

3. This is not a blog that my husband or older children read regularly. Well, maybe my eldest daughter does, but pretty much the rest ignore it. My husband is supportive, but he's not the blog-reading type. He did write a guest post once, though. And he did pose for a funny picture. (Keep cooking, babe, and we're good!)

4. This is not a mommy blog, although I have occasionally done a mommy post (like here, here and here), and sometimes shades of mommy outrage come out (like here, here and here). But generally, I don't do mommyhood itself well enough to write about it. (Hmmmm, I might do a post soon about that fact, actually.)

5. This is not a Catholic-looking blog. I mentioned before that for some strange reason, I want my blog to look like a candy shop or an ice cream parlor. Come on in the Bubble and have a strawberry malt!

6. This blog is not a one-woman show. It works because of all the contributors' comments and discussions that follow the posts. It always thrills me to hear from lurkers who are riveted to those discussions, because I am riveted, too!

7. Finally, this blog is not cool like the brand new VirtuousPla.net! What? You haven't see it yet? Go now and check it out! It features a ton of young, hip and brilliant Catholic contributors, some whom you might already recognize. (Don't rub it in that I could be their mother!).


Speaking of which, I'm off to take another child to college tomorrow. Have a great weekend, and thanks to Jen for hosting!




.

21 comments:

  1. Regardless of what it isn't, I LOVE your blog just as it is (and it definitly IS riveting)... but I'm going to bemoan the whole thing when I spend too much time tomorrow trying to catch up with the 'Answering Michelle' thread.

    Does your hubby have a cookbook he can recommend? If he did, my hubby would have something to follow, and I could spend more time here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regardless of what your blog isn't, I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thanks for plugging VirtuousPla.net. I disagree with #5 though. I always thought your blog was very "Catholic-looking."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, well, I love your blog! And I had to chuckle at #3. My hubby only occasionally reads my blog... after I've asked him for feedback on a particular post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7 is the number of completeness in the Bible. I guess this was a very complete lists of what this is not supposed to be LOL. Keep the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog is awesome. And so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog even though sometimes I have to stress dose.... ;)

    I need to do this post too! LOL sew

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I know is that I now want a strawberry malt...thank you very much Leila!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and three boys only read my blog if I happen to mention that I wrote a post about them. As for leaving comments ... once, I think.

    Lovely blog, by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog has given me so much to think about! And I'll be sending prayers your way as you send off another child to college. I haven't done that yet (half of mine are still in diapers) but I can imagine how hard on the heart that must be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog may not be those things. But your blog is an awesome read in the wee hours when feeding a baby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny! I am so glad your blog is exactly what it is! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Combox"??? Oh you've got the lingo now sister! 'Love you and your blog - go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this blog, and am glad for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leila, I'm curious, have you ever been to the Sugar Bowl? Seems like your kind of place! :)

    Love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog regardless of what it is not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. But, but, but... I got nothin! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blog for all the things it is not!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Leila - I'm a brand new reader (and a brand new Catholic) an happily found your blog through another blogger, JoAnna. Just want to say hello and I'm looking forward to reading here regularly. And I love Virtuouspla.net!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Annette, welcome! And welcome to the Church! Praise God.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE, when commenting, do not hit "reply" (which is the thread option). Instead, please put your comment at the bottom of the others.

To ensure that you don't miss any comments, click the "subscribe by email" link, above. If you do not subscribe and a post exceeds 200 comments, you must hit "load more" to get to the rest.