Had a little bloggy trouble lately, plus I'm still occupied in the combox over here (which has spilled over into a second page), but at least I'm getting to my Quick Takes, and they have a theme this week!
7 Things This Blog is Not
2. This is not a "feel-good" blog. In fact, it might make you feel very bad! (Nothing against feel-good blogs, by the way! It's just not my gift.)
3. This is not a blog that my husband or older children read regularly. Well, maybe my eldest daughter does, but pretty much the rest ignore it. My husband is supportive, but he's not the blog-reading type. He did write a guest post once, though. And he did pose for a funny picture. (Keep cooking, babe, and we're good!)
4. This is not a mommy blog, although I have occasionally done a mommy post (like here, here and here), and sometimes shades of mommy outrage come out (like here, here and here). But generally, I don't do mommyhood itself well enough to write about it. (Hmmmm, I might do a post soon about that fact, actually.)
5. This is not a Catholic-looking blog. I mentioned before that for some strange reason, I want my blog to look like a candy shop or an ice cream parlor. Come on in the Bubble and have a strawberry malt!
6. This blog is not a one-woman show. It works because of all the contributors' comments and discussions that follow the posts. It always thrills me to hear from lurkers who are riveted to those discussions, because I am riveted, too!
7. Finally, this blog is not cool like the brand new VirtuousPla.net! What? You haven't see it yet? Go now and check it out! It features a ton of young, hip and brilliant Catholic contributors, some whom you might already recognize. (Don't rub it in that I could be their mother!).
Speaking of which, I'm off to take another child to college tomorrow. Have a great weekend, and thanks to Jen for hosting!