Thursday, March 24, 2011

News and thoughts

I am so thrilled to announce that Mary-Grace Eloise was born to our own dear Karen, from Hope-Pray-Trust on March 21. In Karen's words on that day:

"Today my world stood still and I saw a glimpse of heaven."


Mary-Grace
(I can't make the picture bigger or it gets blurry.)

Born at 6:15pm after almost 72 hours of active labor (she is looking forward to telling us the crazy story!), Mary-Grace came in at 8 lbs., 7 ozs., 21 1/4 inches. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

+++++++

My very own pastor, Fr. John Ehrich, is the Medical Ethics Director for the Diocese of Phoenix, chaplain of the Catholic Medical Association and chaplain of the Catholic Physician's Guild of Phoenix. He wrote an interesting blog post here, following up on the recent scandal at St. Joseph's Hospital here in Phoenix, where an abortion was illicitly performed and defended -- an act which necessitated Bishop Thomas Olmsted to ultimately strip the hospital of its "Catholic" status. 

If you are under the mistaken impression that St. Joseph's has been treated unjustly because of this *one* incident, you can read more about the truth of it here and here. Follow the money.

+++++++

Speaking of abortion (which is without a doubt the human rights issue of our time), TheUnchoice.com has released an excellent 30-second ad exposing the lie that abortion is a "free choice". A full 64% of abortions are the result of pressure or coercion. Where are the feminists fighting for these women and girls, who feel they have no "choice"?



+++++++

Finally, after this post, I only had one pro-"choice" reader state that she would never again make the false claim that "Pro-lifers love the fetus, but they don't care about people after they are born." Are there any other pro-"choice" folks out there who are willing to concede that that popular line is untrue? I had hoped we could all at least agree on that.

+++++++

I hope everyone is having a fruitful Lent! As for me, I think this may be the worst Lenten showing of my life! ACK! Oh well, I still have some time left.... The Lord is kind and merciful!


19 comments:

  1. I was so happy when I saw Karen's status!! And the picture she posted is SO gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hebrews, I've decided to put the little picture on the post.... I can't make it bigger without it getting blurry, but for now, I just had to make sure people can see the beauty that we saw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Karen! Thanks for letting us know.

    Love that video. In Blood Money, Fr. Pavone says the exact same thing: "The truth is most women have an abortion because they feel they have NO choice." That quote really struck me.

    This Lent has actually probably been the most fruitful for me! I gave up my evening TV time...something I really valued, but realized was doing terrible things for me (less prayer time, less sleep, etc). So I removed it and replaced it with reading, prayer, and scripture. It has been AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, I am so envious!! I am so happy for your fruitful Lent! I need to push myself and do better!

    Two of my teens saw Blood Money this week at youth group. They could not stop talking about it. Very disturbing stuff. If the American public knew all of what goes on, we would be a pro-life nation tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leila, I have been following your blog for some time and now that I finally have my own blog I decided to leave a comment. :) Thank you, thank you for being such an inspiring witness to our Catholic faith and writing posts that truly have an impact.

    I will include you in my prayers that your Lenten season proves to be more frutiful! I bet you are doing a great job, but nothing wrong with wanting more :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PW, so glad you are here! And so glad you have put your voice out there with a blog of your own! May God bless your endeavor!

    Thank you for the prayers... I truly need and appreciate them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of news...did you catch this?

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ANTI_ABORTION_SURGE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-03-24-03-01-41

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shocking 30 second video... I'll be passing that on. Congratulations to the new mommy. God is so very, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful baby!!!! :) :) :) Congrats to Karen and fam!

    Abortion is so sad :( that short video is SO true... ugh. so sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful baby! That's a long labor!!!What I discovered this Lent is that it's easy to say I will be disciplined and let God be in charge, but I'm not so good at really doing it.

    "I won't yell at the kids, I won't yell at the kids, I won't yell at the kids....AAAHAHHH." I yelled at the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love little babies. Always a reminder of God's beauty, mystery, love and miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Karen!

    What a shocking statistic about coerced abortions :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful baby! Congrats to Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing about UnChoice, they do some great work educating people about the truth of abortion.

    What a sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That baby is so beautiful! Many many blessings!!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle,
    That article is amazing! I believe people are praying harder than ever right now to end abortion and God is hearing our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a little off subject but I was so thrilled to see you mention Bishop Thomas Olmsted in your article. I'm a college student from Kansas and Bishop Olmsted is actually from the same VERY small town that I am from! His parents attend my church and sit in the front row on the left side every single Sunday. We consider ourselves very blessed whenever he gets to make a trip back home to celebrate Mass with us. You are very lucky to have him.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cassi, wow!! If I ever saw his parents, I would run up to them and thank them and hug them and kiss them! They raised a holy man!! Yes, we are blessed! And, clearly you are too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE, when commenting, do not hit "reply" (which is the thread option). Instead, please put your comment at the bottom of the others.

To ensure that you don't miss any comments, click the "subscribe by email" link, above. If you do not subscribe and a post exceeds 200 comments, you must hit "load more" to get to the rest.