Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Quick Post!

Okay, since there are some good secular folk in the Bubble who don't take biblical arguments as proof of anything, I thought I should mention the one book that every Christian/Catholic should have on his shelf in order to feel confident that Christian truths can be defended philosophically and logically. It tackles all the "hard questions" about God and Christianity, using aristotelian logic. Great little reference book!

Handbook of Christian Apologetics, by Peter Kreeft and Ronald K. Tacelli


Handbook of Christian Apologetics: Hundreds of Answers to Crucial Questions




I guess this qualifies as:

4 comments:

  1. I "heart" Peter Kreeft. He has a great audio series called "What Would Socrates Do?" on the history of ethics. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look into this book... I have heard it referenced on Catholic Online Radio. I love apologetics and have a few resources on-hand. I also read a lot on-line. My problem is, I have it all in my head; but if I feel someone is being confrontational (looking for a fight), I get flustered and tongue-tied. As a homeschooler in the Bible Belt, it is hard to avoid confrontation, especially among fellow homeschoolers! If someone has a genuine interest/question, I do much better... even if I have to tell them I'd like to look it up first. You are a stranger to me, but I admire you based on what I've read here! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book!!! Do you know there's a more updated version? The Handbook of Catholic Apologetics. Kreeft and Tacelli edited the original after they both became Catholic. HIGHLY recommend. It sits next to my computer for reference along with my Ignatius Study Bible and Catechism. It's THAT good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my Amazon cart! Thanks for the recmmendation. I took Lauren's advice and got the Catholic one.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE, when commenting, do not hit "reply" (which is the thread option). Instead, please put your comment at the bottom of the others.

To ensure that you don't miss any comments, click the "subscribe by email" link, above. If you do not subscribe and a post exceeds 200 comments, you must hit "load more" to get to the rest.