Saturday, April 3, 2010

Welcome to my bubble!

I'm thinking that snowballs are forming in hell as we speak, because I have begun blogging. I swore I never would, yet here I am!

I am a writer, so perhaps blogging should be a given for me. But I put it off for years, until some very amazing lady bloggers persuaded me that I needed a blog of my own. That story will come in a later post.

The purpose of my blog?
Hmmmmm. Well, I love to give my opinion. In the past, I had a large-scale forum to do just that (newspaper editorial column), but it's been many years. As friends and family will attest, telling people what I think is one of my, um, gifts; I'm back in the saddle, baby!

I will blog on important issues and on silly things. I will hit politics (Obama fans won't love me), religion (oh, do I love to talk theology!), family (got lots of family), matchmaking (tee
hee), and whatever other crazy thing pops to mind! Let's see how things shake out.

Quick prayer: Lord, please don't let my words hurt anyone in the process of writing this blog!

Meanwhile, I am so pleased that this inaugural post is being published on the holiest feast of the Church's liturgical calendar, the great Easter Vigil! My favorite day of the year!


Welcome, dear reader (and there may only be one, ha!), to my Little Catholic Bubble!


PS: Methinks my next post needs to be reflections on the Church sex abuse scandal. Be sure to check back, and in the meantime, have a most blessed and holy Easter!!

22 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read!!!!!!!!! So excited you started!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leila? Blogging? GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, well. I guess one should never say "never."

    Welcome, Leila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leila has a blog, Leila has a blog, Leila has a blog, hey hey hey hey!

    So thrilled to read your wonderful thoughts. Blessings, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you blogging! I will be sure and link to you this week. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, guys! I'm so glad to be here! Mad that the date on my first entry is wrong, though. Drat. I wanted it to reflect Easter Vigil. I am learning. If you write a draft, it uses the date from the first time you saved it! Sigh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yah!!! I can't wait to start reading! Your words have brought so much comfort to me, I know it will be a joy to follow your blog ;) (yes, the one you swore you would never have!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leila - I JUST learned that recently, too. My St. Patty's Day post was March 16th . . . I had no idea drafts were published that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blog name you chose. I'm a fan of opinionated blogs (when the opinions agree with mine- haha) and it sounds like we are two peas in a pod so I really look forward to reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah!!! The Easter joy keeps coming...I look forward to reading your blog! God Bless you and thank you so much for all your encouragement and prayers for the rest of us. What a blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to start reading!!!! Peer pressure works!!! And... I noticed the draft/date thing as well when I went to publish a draft... I believe you can manually enter the date. It made it the publish date correct for me. ;). Welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! What a great Easter present!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to know you better through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone!! And Jenny, your suggestion worked, and I was able to change the date!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome! Can't wait for more...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Leila--MAN you are a smart cookie! I can't wait to read more!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never knew you were a writer/editor! How cool is that? Sock it to me lady! BTW, where did you get that bubble picture? It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I plan to read your whole entire blog and thus learn to be a better and more opinionated blogger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you've gotten far more than one reader on here, Leila! Crazy how fast time goes! :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE, when commenting, do not hit "reply" (which is the thread option). Instead, please put your comment at the bottom of the others.

To ensure that you don't miss any comments, click the "subscribe by email" link, above. If you do not subscribe and a post exceeds 200 comments, you must hit "load more" to get to the rest.