1. Steve's guest post is now the most-viewed post on this blog (by far). Yes it is humbling that the most popular post on my own blog is not mine, ha ha! No, seriously, I am happy to cede that position to others. In fact, Monday's guest post is sort of the female version of Steve's, and it blew me away.… Stay tuned.
2. I was finally able to read my friend Devin Rose's new book, If Protestantism is True, from cover to cover (or the Kindle equivalent of that)! It is an easy read, and it so clearly lays out that the Catholic Church is the Church of history, and that her doctrinal and moral teachings throughout the centuries are unchanging. Protestant readers have been impressed by how charitably Devin discusses contentious matters. Any Protestant reading the Bubble should also be reading Devin's book and/or blog.
3. Speaking of good books, I've had a few readers request that I create a permanent blog page with my book recommendations. I have been meaning to do just that for some time, so look for it in the next couple of weeks, God willing.
4. Every time I try to describe International Planned Parenthood's Exclaim! (their new document on the "sexual rights" of children), the only words I can think of are "vomit-inducing". If you have the time to wait for the pdf to download, you can read it for yourself and feel like vomiting, too. Why isn't the sexualization of children a crime? Planned Parenthood's entire existence is an offense against innocence, on so many levels.
5. Switching topics now from filth to purity: If you have ever been curious about a cloistered nun's Profession of Vows, check this out, from the Passionist Nuns of Saint Joseph Monastery in Kentucky:
The pictures of this mystical, spiritual marriage just take my breath away! Look at the the new Bride of Christ's face: She is glowing with grace and peace and joy! It is a peace that surpasses all understanding, a peace that the world cannot give. Deo gratias!
6. To any Phoenix residents reading, 1st Way of Maricopa County is in desperate need of baby formula and diapers (sizes 3, 4 and 5). If you are able to bring in any such donations this summer, they would be most grateful! The support they provide for women in crisis and their unborn children is amazing. God will bless you abundantly for your generosity to 1st Way.
7. I just really like good quotes:
"The modern habit of saying, 'Every man has a different philosophy; this is my philosophy and it suits me' -- the habit of saying this is mere weak mindedness. A cosmic philosophy is not constructed to fit a man; a cosmic philosophy is constructed to fit a cosmos. A man can no more possess a private religion than he can possess a private sun and moon." --G. K. Chesterton
Thanks to Jen for hosting!