In the spirit of the election season, and because the lapdog media does not critique a thing about the man (makes me craaaaaazy), I am picking just a few of the most outrageous things about Obama and his
1) One of the most outrageous things about Obama is his ability to look the camera (or the teleprompter) in the eye and tell us that he is a champion of religious liberty. Whether I'm watching his disingenuous videos or his awful UN speech, I don't know whether to spit out my drink, or laugh, or cry. Who is the man trying to convince? Because he's not fooling those who actually care about religious liberty. In fact, there has never been a president in memory who's been such an enemy of religious liberty. His attacks on conscience rights moved tens of thousands of concerned Americans in 150 cities to protest his nefarious HHS mandate, which threatens all Catholic institutions and Catholic-owned businesses.
|Lila Rose speaking at the D.C. rally.|
I attended the first Phoenix rally with my little ones and a thousand other friends. I can assure you, we are not like the professional protesters (such as Occupy Wall Street) who have tons of time on their hands. It takes an outrageous provocation to get us up and moving out the door with kids and snacks and strollers to navigate downtown and brave the heat. And Obama's HHS mandate, which 1) has the entire body of (generally passive) Catholic bishops speaking with one voice, and 2) motivated them to coordinate a Fortnight for Freedom to pray for religious liberty, and 3) has our Protestant brethren saying, "We are all Catholic now", is indeed outrageous provocation.
Oh, wait. We can't forget the nearly 60 Catholic businesses, universities, charities and other entities that have taken the time and trouble to sue Obama in court for violation of religious liberty. They are not doing this for their health. Nobody does this on a whim.
Oh, gosh, and one more little thing: the Pope in Rome, our dear and thoughtful Benedict XVI, is so concerned about the loss of the religious freedom in America that he went out of his way to give a speech about it, emphasizing the "grave threat" to religious liberty that is facing believers in the good ole USA.
So, um, Obama's claim to be a champion of religious liberty is a lie, a joke, a travesty and yes, an outrage.
Who can bear it?
2) Another outrageous thing about the Obama camp is the narcissism and arrogance of the whole sad act.
Consider the tasteless Obama flag that was recently on sale in Obama's online shop:
It could have been yours for $35, but it was removed from the shop when folks began to notice a chilling resemblance to the bloodstained walls of our American consulate after the Benghazi
"spontaneous attack" premeditated acts of terrorism on September 11 of this year.
|May God rest the souls of the victims.|
But wait. Do you notice an irony? "Right to Choose" FOR ALL. Hmmm, well, except for the 3,500 human beings that are shredded in the womb every day in this nation -- none of whom got that right to "choose". Because they are dead. Well, that's embarrassing.
Anyway, maybe she and Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson and the others can Pledge their Allegiance to Obama and to abortion while saluting the special Obama flag, if they got one before it was removed from the Obama store.
Outrageous, yes. But none of it is surprising. It's human nature. The more secular one becomes, the more one bows to government as the highest authority. When the human heart that is made for God cannot or will not access Him, that void must be filled. In this case, we have Obama as Messiah, who seems to fit the bill nicely for so many.
|AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais|
3) The next outrage is the lapdog media. Millions of us have known for years that real journalism is dead here in America, but I am struggling with how overt the bias has become. They don't even try to hide it anymore. They fawn and coddle and serve the Master. They exist to get him reelected, and to keep him as comfortable and happy as possible while doing it. It has been painful to watch, because it's ultimately a betrayal of the American people. We deserve a press that will hold any candidate's feet to the fire, and hold our leaders accountable, no matter what their political party or ideology.
I feel sometimes like we have a state-run media. I hate that the upcoming debates are moderated by these people, because the deck is stacked.
I am not a huge fan of Sean Hannity (he has trashed the teachings of the Church too many times), but he got it right when he said this to "mainstream" journalists the other day:
I’m going to tell you something — all you liberals out there, all you people in the media. I’m telling you, Obama in private is just laughing his ass off at all of you because you are so dumb, so gullible, so easily manipulated. And all he has to do is tell you that there is a doughnut in the sky and you’ll report there’s a doughnut in the sky. And behind the scenes, he knows he is advancing his radical agenda and that you’re helping him do it. And he knows what fools you all are. And he knows that you have basically drunk the Kool-Aid and that you’re out there and you will say and do whatever he tells you to say and do.
If he blames an ATM machine kiosk, if he blames Bush, Fox News, conservative talk radio, the tea party, the Chamber of Commerce — you’re going to go out there and you’re going to regurgitate it just like good little journalists will. [I]f he tells you, ‘It’s the ATM machine that took all the jobs away,’ you’ll go out there and say, ‘You know, the president makes sense here.’ That’s a big problem for a country that wants to remain free, isn’t it?”
Yes, indeed, it's a huge problem for a country that wants to remain free. The whole travesty with the media today is outrageous.
4) Our economy is in the toilet, unemployment is still sky high (the numbers don't even include the Americans who have given up looking for work), gas prices have tripled in four years, our debt long ago passed the "scary" mark (the mind cannot fathom the number 16 trillion!) -- and yet I watched an Obama surrogate say on TV last night that he would give the president an "A" on handling the economy! He said it three times! That is freaking outrageous!! And the people eat it up! They will vote for Obama because he is "likable"! I would guess that half the voters base their votes on what they "feel", not on what they know.
If you asked the average American about specific issues and policies, and what Obama stands for, he or she could not tell you. Most of the American electorate is ignorant and apathetic. I've spoken with many of them, some of them at great length. And I've heard more than enough "man on the street" interviews over the past two election cycles, which make me quiver in my boots. The ignorance of even educated Americans is simply staggering, and though many cannot even articulate what the current candidates stand for, they truly believe there is no real difference between the two. This is truly frightening, and totally outrageous.
5) Sometimes a simple graphic can help with clarity. If these were competing job resumes for CEO of your company, whom would you hire?
It's outrageous that Romney is not 20 points ahead.
6) But let's get back to the greatest outrage. The man in office now is not morally fit to be the president of the free world. This is a man who voted four times against requiring standard medical care for actual human babies born alive (whoops!) after botched abortions. His votes would have allowed the abortionist -- i.e., the hit man paid to kill the child -- to decide whether or not a child born alive should receive medical care. That is outrageous!
People, this is infanticide. Yes, he is the most committed pro-abort we have ever had in the presidency (and he resides firmly in the pocket of Planned Parenthood and the entire abortion lobby), but even the radical NARAL gals did not oppose the Born Alive Infant Protection Act(s) that Obama voted against time and again. That is how extreme Obama's position on abortion/infanticide is, and for this reason alone, the man whose voice you hear in the audio below is not morally fit to hold the highest office in the land.
7) From child victims in America to child victims overseas, let's talk about the orphans, as we always do in Take #7.
Sweet Giselle is fragile. I pray she makes it through the cold winter. She is suffering from severe malnutrition, and I have written an entire post about her, here. Please take the time to read it if you can.
|Are you my mama? Click my photo for more details!|
Giselle is in a nation that has a (relatively!) cheap and quick adoption process. Imagine her with long hair, ribbons, color in her cheeks, and a big smile! She can get there. Please share.
Next, there is sweet Archie! This cutie pie "loves to cuddle and be cuddled" and is facing transfer very soon. :(
|Click my photo for more info, and let's find me a family!|
He is just a doll, and I wrote a post on him as well, here, where you will find the most charming videos, including this one:
Oh, please, let's find Giselle and Archie homes soon! Thank you for sharing their faces and stories with as many people as you can!
And for those of you who love to donate when there is a matching grant, to stretch every dollar, please check out Heidi's opportunity, which I wrote about, here!
Finally, pray for Meg and her husband, who at this very moment are winging their way to Eastern Europe to meet their new son. They and other adoptive families are the true heroes, sacrificing so much to give these precious children of God a chance in life and a home with love.
Thanks to Jen for hosting.